We have been given the opportunity to run the Bunnings BBQ on Sunday 23 May 2021 however we will require lots of help to be able to run the event.
Funds raised are utilised to support and develop our juniors so if families of juniors players could assist that would be greatly appreciated.
If you are able to spare an hour or 2 of your time could you please contact Honey on 0410 429 490 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know when you are available.
Many hands make light work!
Just a reminder to the women’s teams today that Tocal Field days are on this weekend, please allow extra time for travel to ensure you make it to your games on time.
A reminder that nominations for the Women’s Masters Championships are due by THIS FRIDAY. Please note the Hockey NSW have changed the age limit and if you are turning 34 this year you can now nominate to play. Please see below information from the Master Committee.
HNSW Masters Championship Player and Official Nominations for Maitland Based Teams
The Hunter Hockey Association is calling for nominations for players, coaches and managers to take part at the following State Championships.
|HNSW Masters Women’s Field State Championships –Friday 23rd – Sunday 25th JulyTaree Hockey AssociationPlayers nominate on the Hunter Website. Use the ‘Events’ Tab and complete the details. Please contact:Margie Mainey – email@example.com / 0428 034 166 orAnne-Louise Winter – firstname.lastname@example.org / 0438 845 024 for further informationCoach and Manager nominations please contact: Margie Mainey or Anne-Louise Winter at the above contacts .To access the Hunter Hockey Website the link is below:https://www.revolutionise.com.au/hunterhockey/events/list/|
Once player nominations are received the committee will look at team combinations and ages. When nominating can you please be specific about positions and the age group you would prefer to play with. Players once selected will be contacted with further details and costs. We are estimating that the cost of the bus and accommodation, will be approx. $260 for players and $200 for managers.
Nomination and a deposit of $50 will need to be made by the 30th April into the Maitland Hockey Bank account. Please reference deposit with player’s surname and initial and the word ‘Masters’
The bus will depart early on Friday 23rd July as there will be games played on the Friday and return late on Sunday 25th July.
MAITLAND HOCKEY ASSOC.
BSB: 646 000
A/C: 100 074 578
Thank you for your support of Hockey in the Hunter
The updated 2021 Competition Rules rules have now been posted under the ‘competition rules’ tab on the website. Team managers/captains please ensure you advise your team they are available and to read through them. A copy is also always available at the fields.
- Due to the ongoing restrictions surrounding the COVID pandemic MHI has adapted the way players will be marked on the card. It will now be the responsibility of all team managers/captains to ensure all participating players have their name ticked off on the playing card – please note if a player’s name is not ticked off the player will be deemed not to have participated in that game. If a player is away for a game please do not make any markings next to their name at all.
- Team managers/captains will also need to ensure all people filling-in for their team (if using fill-in players) have recorded the fill-in players name clearly on the bottom of the card and marked that they were a fill-in player.
- Prior to signing the card at the conclusion of the match the team manager/captain should check all player attendances have been recorded correctly and the game score is correct prior to signing the card together with the umpires.
- Please note dispensations (for finals qualifying purposes) will be dealt with strictly in accordance with the Competition Rules – that is, should a player miss a game and wish to apply for dispensation a written submission must be made either by the player themselves or the team manager/captain and submitted to the committee for consideration and voting at the next available committee meeting following the player missing the game. Dispensations will not automatically be given and will no longer be dealt with as a whole in the last committee meeting prior to commencement of the final series. Reasons for dispensations considered include – injury, illness, representative commitments and work commitments. If a player does not submit a written submission to the committee for consideration at the next available committee meeting they will not be credited for qualifying purposes.
- The MHI Competition Rules are in the process of being updated and will shortly be posted on the website. Once they have been updated and posted to the website a notification will be sent out and it is recommended that all players read and understand the rules.
A little ad from Hockey Australia to get you in the mood for the season
Keep an eye on the website and facebook page for details about the 2021 season for women’s and junior competitions. Looking to start competitions in March 2021. Details on how to register and registration fees to follow shortly.
Women’s Hockey at Maitland is on this weekend. We will continue to follow our Covid-19 Safety Plan. Thank you to all players/families for your support and for following the guidelines by remembering social distancing, regular hand washing/hand sanitising and signing in and out on the attendance register.
However if you have been to any of the below venues, been in contact with a confirmed case, are waiting on test results or are showing any symptoms we ask that you DO NOT ATTEND the hockey centre until you have received negative results or have been otherwise cleared.